Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ryan and Becca Visit - Make a Square

5This has been a fun week. Becca and her Husband Ryan came down from WA for a visit. We stayed up late catching up on Sunday. I am just now catching back up on my sleep. It is no fun getting old.2 On Monday we woke up early and walked the kids to school worked out at the Rec Center for an hour. Ryan is abeast and really pushed me during the workout. I wish he lived closer by, he would have a good work out partner. 3Of course that would mean admitting that my current work out partner is not adequate. I should probably just stick with Emma and not complain. :) After cleaning up, went to the Zilker Botanical Gardens and took some pictures. Then we came home and picked up Levi and Taya from school and went to the Salt Lick to stuff ourselves silly. I sure like it when people come down and visit, it gives me an excuse to put on a few pounds. The kids are still a little rowdy for a restaurant, but they did keep their voices down for the most part so they are getting better. 1Taya and Levi did not get to spend much time with us, but I think Olivia really enjoyed hanging out with Rebecca. The ask when they would be back to visit us again when they drove off. At our current intervals, I figured about 12 years. Not sure the kids will remember the prior visit if 12 year is the case. It is always fun to connect with friends again. 4We sure enjoyed the visit, it was good to catch up with Becca and meet Ryan her husband. Ryan is a great guy and I am glad he and Rebecca hooked up. We had a lot of fun and wished we could find friends like them a little closes to home. Seems like whenever you find some people that you really get along with, they up and move. I like how Ryan put it, "Finding friends you both like and that live close by is harder than aligning the planets."

3 insights:

Anonymous said...

That post rocks! You are so lucky to have such amazing friends, they must be once in a lifetime, I'd make sure you visited them in their state too!

Groverfam said...

Ok, emma how do you know becca, imagine my surprise to click on this on rebecca's site and find a picture of my friends emma giles! What a great site you have. take a look at mine...groverfamilyof5.blogspot.com your family looks very happy. I hope all is going well in the last few months so sorry the last time we met wasn't the time to catch up on old times. Lili Lee Grover

Groverfam said...

as I read farther on in the blog I realized troy, that you are the one that is friends with ryan and becca, let me introduce myself, i grew up with Emma in Kent, her sister Sara is one of my dear friends. Emma and my brother jacob were the same age. Jus want you to know I love Emma and think you got a pretty great girl too. Please pass this on to your wife I'd love to hear from her.
liliana.grover@gmail.com