Monday, December 8, 2008

Levi's New Treehouse Bed

I am debating on whether to put a small roof on it or not. Problem is that if he stands up on his bed, the ceiling fan will decapitate him. And I just installed a metal fan with razor sharp blades. If I raise the fan more than 6 inches, it will hit the sloped ceiling in his room. He is really excited about the new bed.

This is the ultimate design for his room. The benches are replacing his dresser. Fake campfire just in case you were concerned. :)

7 insights:

Liz McCoy said...

way cool!!!

Anonymous said...

why on earth would you install a razor sharp ceiling fan if you know his head is up there? I swear, sometimes I wonder why I married you. Now get off the computer and start on that honey-do list!!!

Anonymous said...

how does he get up there? Monkey like I presume? So are you just going to stuff his clothes under the benches? I'd definitely paint the walls with forest trees and like yogi bear style scenery.

thepalsrus said...

Right now, we are using a step ladder. Emma wanted to put in a rope ladder, but I think it would be too difficult to climb for such a short distance. I think he has more fun trying to figure out different ways to get into his bed anyway. Make things a little more difficult when he needs to use the bathroom at night.

Pals Place said...

Cool treehouse bed. Did you design it with google's sketch program?

thepalsrus said...

Yes I did. I love that program. Here is the link to the video that got me started on it:
Sketchup Bookshelf Tutorial

Here is a link to some good tips:
Great Sketchup Tips

Kelly(M&M) said...

Wow, that is really cool, Troy. You and Emma are way too talented. Can you let us have some of those?!

Miss you guys. One day we will see you again. Tell Emma to let me know if you guys are ever in the Northwest. You have a beautiful family

Take care,

Kelly Marker