Sunday, March 22, 2009

SpringBreak 2009

Spring break was fun this year. We pitched a couple of tents out in the back yard and camped out for 2 days. We recently acquired a fire pit and cooked all of our food on it. You see, campsites in Austin are extremely hard to come by if you dont make reservations a year in advance for spring break. I checked all the state and local parks in the area and everything was full. Probably just as well, the kids had lots of fun and we had the comforts of home close by. The rules were:
No playing in the house
Use the house if you need to go potty
Cook everything outside
No electronics
No eating the local wildlife
I spent both nights in the tents with the kids and Emma joined us on night 2.
Day 3, Emma did a home schooling experiment and you would have to ask her what the verdict was.
Day 4, we bought the parts for our water bottle launcher.
Instructables - Water or Soda Bottle Launcher

Water Bottle Rocket Launcher
Power
DetonatorMechanism


We also hiked to a nearby part about a 2 mile hike.

 

4 insights:

Pals Place said...

Zoe is really cute! I liked the bottle launcher. Looks pretty technical.

Anonymous said...

bottle launcher...TOTALLY OVER MY HEAD. Did you take a video of the "blast off"?? You have a level of thinking that is much higher than your goofiness would suggest...hehe
Zoe...I think Im in love!! She is so beautiful and so cute..love the video. I was actually startin' to get into the whole dog conversation there. Thats how Emma is..she just sucks ya in!

Anonymous said...

Umm..scratch that last question. I just noticed that it wasn't a PICTURE up there, but a video of the said "blast off".
Thank you, it was quite entertaining and a very effective device. you're fleepin' amazing !

Anonymous said...

you're so cool. probably the coolest total dorky nerd I know. And such a good dad, so glad I found such a good dad for my kids. Wait, that makes it sound like their not yours, like I found you afterward. How about, so glad I found such a great guy to become a great dad to my kids? See, now you know I'm a nerd too. Match made in heaven!